The ScapeRune team has been hard at work to bring you all update batch #16. This has been a long awaited update so we are hoping you are all as excited as we are!
Welcome to Ape Atoll, the city of our ancestors. When wielding a monkey gree-gree you cannot be attacked by anything and you cannot attack anything. Your magic tab is unavailable to you while you are a monkey.
To get there, either cast Ape Atoll Teleport, which will bring you to the Marim inside the city, where you can wander freely if you brought a greegree. Otherwise you can talk to Daero, on the 2nd floor of the Grand tree. Then talk to Waydar. Then talk to Lumdo. He will bring you to Ape Atoll. There are many Banana trees and pineapple plants, so it would be a good idea to bring a knife for the pineapples.
Warning: Ape Atoll is one of the most dangerous areas in the game, until you obtain a monkey greegree. When going to Ape Atoll, bring plenty of food, antipoison potions, and an emergency teleport, in addition to other required items. Switching off Auto Retaliate and utilising protection prayers will greatly improve your chances of survival.
The King of the northern Gnomes, Narnode Shareen, is once again in need of your help. He recently decided to send an envoy of his Royal Guard, the 10th squad, to oversee the decommissioning of the Gnome owned ship-building facilities on the eastern coast of Karamja.
It has been quite some time since the 10th squad were dispatched and they have been deemed missing in action. It will be up to you, should you decide to help, to find out what fate befell the 10th squad and if possible, track them down. He needs your help finding and bringing them back home safely, assuming they haven't met a terrible fate. But this won't be easy. An inside force threatens the peaceful gnome race and all of Runescape as an evil plot races into action to unleash terror and destruction upon the world.
What and who are you supposed to believe? If only it were so simple. What is the truth, and who is telling the lies? Can you sort it all out and unveil the culprits of this scheme? This adventure will be unlike any you've ever faced before. Sinister forces have begun to spread through the Gnome hierarchy and threaten to unleash an unknown terror upon the world. Far across the land, the fires of vengeance are being stoked once again. Can you unravel the mystery behind the deception? Can you separate the truth from the lies? Can you decide for yourself what is real and what is not?
In other news:
• Autocasting now switches to the previous attack style correctly.
• Fixed the pheasant health to 10 hitpoints.
• You will now kill the pheasant in one hit.
• A typo in Dr Mordaut's dialogue has been patched.
• The Evil Twin random event now sets the region base accordingly.
• Corrected all magic spells speeds and projectiles to be accurate to the real game.
• Corrected all ranged speeds and projectiles to be accurate to the real game.
• Overhauled the way attack styles are handled.
• PID now works correctly.
• NPCs will now follow with the correct delays when fleeing.
• Corrected charge spell cooldown to 6 minutes instead of 7.
• Queued hitpoints when doing force movement so that they stack properly.
• Telegrab now has the correct delays and projectile information.
• Overhauled all of the pathfinders for proper use of clipping masks.
• Overhauled the interaction system to be more accurate when interacting with objects.
• Using an item now takes into consideration if you are running or not and delays properly.
• When interacting with an object, it now pulls the parent object correctly for certain objects (specifically farming related).
• Added the packet for morphing the player into an object for agility.
• Miscilanious item spawns for the Waterfall Quest.
• Miscilanious NPC spawns for the Waterfall Quest.
• Farming can now be trained via an XP lamp.
• The rewards from the Stronghold of Security now have the level cap removed.
• Patched the player rendering correctly on minecarts (or any other transformation).
• You may now pull the legs off of Swamp toads
• Bottles of wine now heal 14hp
• Added the missing dialogue to the Dragontooth island Ghost Captain
• Fixed Giant mole dropping only 1 yew log
• Fixed the spade dialogue when you don't dig anything up.
• Fixed the Ectophial Teleport animation
• Redid the NPC spawns within Brimhaven dungeon
• Redid the NPC spawns within Lumbridge swamp caves
• Fixed various NPC stats within Lumbridge swamp cave
• Fixed the issues with Barrow-Brother NPCS combat handlers
• Redid the distribution of items calculated when claiming the barrow chest reward
• Curse spells now play the sound for both the caster and the victim (if the victim is a Player)
• Curse spells now have their correct fail sound and graphic
• Fixed a typo in the dialogue when failing certain agility obstacles.
• Emerald Benedict will now walk around the Rogues den.
• When fighting 'Salarin the Twisted' you will now always hit the maximum damage of the strike spell or splash.
• You can now move the Crane faster during the 'Evil twin' random event
• The way Gems are rewarded while Mining has been re-worked.
• Wearing a Amulet of Glory(t) will now also affect the chance of recieving a Gem while Mining, as well as the regular version (this only applies to Glory amulets with a charge above 0)
• You will now be teleported much closer to the Runecrafting altar when using the Rifts inside of the Abyss.
• Fixed Ectophials not destroying on death.
• Rick Turpentine will now shoot you with his crossbow.
• Glassblowing now has sound.
• Ghosts in the Stronghold of security will now count towards your slayer task
• Fixed the Terrorbird spawns inside of the Gnome stronghold
• Terrorbirds now drop bones
• Fixed the Music tracks within the Gnome stronghold
• Added the Fly fishing locations to the Gnome stronghold
• Fixed the issue with the perfect Jewelery on the smelting interface.
• Fixed the distribution of items rewarded from all Bird nests.
• Removed the delay from using items together.
Mods Ryan, Michael, Hektic, Calvin
The ScapeRune Development Team